Sunday, April 5, 2009

day 205 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

Wow, can't believe that it is so late and I am just now blogging. This has been a week of rain, wind and sun. The grass is green and the trees and flowers are in full bloom -- spring is here !  Just in time for Easter.

Not a real exciting week but sometimes that is good. Monday nothing out of the ordinary happened but when I went to bed I noticed that my throat felt a little scratchy but didn't think much about it.

Tuesday morning I woke up to a sore throat but no other symptoms. After showering and eating breakfast and drinking a cup of hot tea it went away but I felt like I should let the clinic know. They have told me how fast something small could turn into something big. I called and they wanted me come down but when I told them that I could not get there before 4 pm they said that since I didn't have a temperature to wait until in the morning and call to let them know how I felt. Not to take anything that would hid a fever, like Tylenol, etc.

Wednesday I felt fine but my nose started running.I called the clinic and told them how I felt and they said to just keep an eye on it. They didn't want me to drive all the way down there just to get a nasal wash and throat culture. I sure appreciated that.

Thursday was a day to get some paper work done and to straighten the house. I felt fine, still a runny nose.

Friday I called the clinic again and they told me to take some Benedryl and that cleared it up right away. I slept like a baby! They seen to think that it may some allergy (since all the trees and flowers are out). I went with Rodney this morning to look at a car and it was way out in the country and it was beautiful. Tall green hills with the flowers and trees in bloom and a river flowing. I ended being out all day with him -- he kept getting another car to look at. We had a good day together. At least when I am with him he can keep me from doing things that I shouldn't be doing!

Saturday was the day for cleaning the house and doing laundry. Rodney mowed the yard for the first time this year.  A lot of outside work to do and it is driving me crazy that I can't get out there and work in the flower beds. I am not suppose to be outside when someone close by is mowing.

Today was Palm Sunday and I was so in hope that I would be able to go to church but since there is still a lot of "bugs" going around I thought it would better if I didn't go. I hope that everyone else got to go and that you will be in church next Sunday to celebrate Easter. What an exciting time of year.

I have to go to the clinic for a scheduled appointment on Thursday -- it will be over two weeks since I have been there. That is the longest I have gone between visits. I know that I have some tests to go through since I am coming up on 6 months after transplant. I hope that Thursday I will get the final results back from my biopsy.

Well that is my week and I pray that you all have a good week. If you are traveling I pray for you safety and remember the real reason for Easter. God sent His only Son who He loved very much to save us from our sins. That is how much He loves us. Please give him some of your time to do something for someone else this week -- everyday for that matter.

Take care. I miss all of you so much.

Love,

Gloria

No comments: