Sunday, April 19, 2009

day 213 after transplant

 

Greetings to all,

Hope all of you had a wonderful week. The weather was a little warmer especially Saturday. I bet it made everyone get spring fever. I know that I would have liked to have been able to be out working in my flower beds and starting to get the garden ready.

Monday I had to go to UVA for a CT scan and an MRI. I was not looking forward to getting stuck in the arm. I told them on the phone when they called to give my instructions that I could not be in the waiting room with all the other people and they were very accommodating. They took me right back and the nurse came to me to put in the IV. She took one look at my arm and said that she could see three good veins. I said, "Good, you only need one so please get it the first time." She did! It took only about 15 minutes for the CT scan but I was in the MRI machine for almost 2 hours! The guy was good at giving instructions during the procedure but he did not have a very good bedside manner. He wouldn't let me take my black bag (that goes EVERYWHERE with me) in the MRI room. He told me I had to put it in a locker that was the only battle that he won! After the MRI he wanted to take out the IV and I told him that I was going to see a doctor and I was sure that he would want to get some blood work. He told me that he would get in trouble if he left it in. I told him that I didn't want him to get in trouble but he was not taking the IV out that every other time they had left it in. He said that he had to go see his supervisor -- he told me not to go anywhere (like where was I going ? ) He came back and said, follow me. I did and he took me to the girl that had put the IV in and she said that was fine, that they do that all the time. When I got to the doctors office, sure enough I had to have blood work. I didn't see the doctor until after 5:30 and I didn't get home until 7pm.  The doctor said that he would call me on Tuesday to let me know the final results (on his preliminary look he said that he didn't see anything suspicious). I questioned him about one of the meds that I was on in the hospital that one of the affects is that it could dissolve gall stones. When he looked at my MRI he said that he only saw 1 stone -- the last MRI I had 4 or 5. I hope that the final results will show the same. The doctor has yet to call but I hope that no news is good news.

Rodney left for Richmond on Monday for a computer programming class and he didn't get home until 8 Wednesday night. I put a light house puzzle together. In the beginning it was like the cardinal puzzle, I was beginning to wonder if I would still like light houses by the time I got it together! But I do.

Friday night I listened to the TA ball game on the radio since I could not be there in person. I wore my TA hat and TA won 7 -2.

Saturday was a beautiful day-- in the 70's. We went to Riverside Plants to get our hanging baskets for the front porch ( I sat in the car while Rodney picked them out). Put them in the trunk because I can't get close to live plants. They are beautiful as I look at them from the picture window. Rodney did a lot of yard work (which we always do together) and the flower beds look so nice now. We also had to do the inside house work. It was a busy day and we were really tired when we went to bed.

Well that was my week. I go to MCV on Wednesday. Rodney has a meeting in Richmond so he is going to take me and drop me off. I have to have another pulmonary test and I am not looking forward to that- another stick in the arm, only this time they are looking for an artery and they really stick! As you can tell, I don't like needles.

I pray that all of you will have a wonderful and safe week. Make a special effort to make someone's day special. Give them a smile or give a compliment. Remember you may be the only Bible someone has ever seen.

Love to all,

Gloria

No comments: