Sunday, February 15, 2009

day 156 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

This has been a long week without blogging. The weather this week was pretty nice and I got to walk several days. It was good to be out and to stop to talk to the neighbors.

Monday I went to AMC to see the doctor and he said that it was time to address the no appetite issue -- I have lost three more pounds! He put me on some appetite enhancer medicine. He said that it is not serious yet but he doesn't want to wait until it does.

On Thursday I went with Rodney and it was a really nice sunny day. The day was longer than we thought when we left but that was ok. We both had our lunch packed and we sat in the car and ate lunch. That night when I got out of the shower I noticed that my face was broken out with a rash. I didn't think too much about it. My back has been really itchy but they always told me that it was dry skin. By Friday morning my chest and arms were broken out also. I called MCV and they wanted to see me right away but I told them that I did not have a ride but I could come down on Saturday. They said to be there at 11:oo. That is how Rodney and I spent our Valentines Day. I got to see Dr. McCarty and he looked at my chest, face and back and he said that he was 90 - 95% sure that I had Graft vs Host disease. This is what they have been expecting since they reduced my immune suppressant medicine. Dr. McCarty said that my body finally got to the place where my donor wants to make a few changes and he said that a little change was good. They want a battle but not a war. There are three levels and I am at level two. He took labs and put me on steroids and raised my immune suppressant medicine. He wants me back down tomorrow at 10:oo so I can see a dermatologist  and get a skin sample to make 100% sure that it is Graft vs Host. My Dad and Corinne are taking me down. If this is G vs H I don't know what tests I will have to go through but I guess that I will know more tomorrow.

To think that Rodney and I was thinking about going to see the kids in NC this weekend. I just felt uncomfortable with all the questions the nurse asked me when I asked if it was ok to go (closest hospital, clean house, animals, sick kids, etc.) and also with no appetite I could not even smell some foods cooking. I felt that it was just not fair to anyone. When I talked to Scott about it I think I could hear a sigh of relief. He said that he was afraid something would go wrong and he didn't want it to be because of coming to NC too soon. They are coming here the last of February and that made me feel better. It will give me something to look forward to.

Well I have to get to bed because I have a long day ahead of me. Please say a prayer for me at 10 tomorrow. I will keep all of you up to date on how the day goes tomorrow.

Take care,

Love, Gloria

No comments: