Monday, February 2, 2009

day 143 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

This morning woke up to sun and not so cold but by the time I got back from the clinic (3:45) it started to snow and now we have 3 inches on the ground! It is a real heavy snow and it is just like a winter wonder land. I bet the kids don't go to school tomorrow.

The clinic went well today -- I got lab work done and a chest x-ray. Then I saw the nurse pract. and she said that my blood work looks very good but she is concerned with the loss of appetite and the weight loss. She wants me to eat protein and she wants me to drink 2 milk shakes (made with soy milk, ice cream and bananas) everyday. Dawn (next door neighbor that took me to Richmond) asked the nurse pract. if she could have a diet like that also. I really appreciate Dawn taking me today -- it was good to get to know her better. We always see each other in the yard and just make "small talk".

I go to AMC this Monday and then back to Richmond on Wednesday the 18th. Then next month I will have to have my 180 day biopsy -- fun fun!!

Take care and be safe if you have to go out in this weather in the morning.

Love,

Gloria

No comments: