Tuesday, January 26, 2010

day 503 after transplant

 

Hello everyone!

Hope that all of you had a wonderful and safe week. This was a week of cold, sleet and more cold. It ended with rain and a beautiful rainbow.Picture 091

I just wanted everyone to know that I am doing just fine. I didn’t blog Sunday night because I was being lazy. Seriously, I didn’t blog because I had a clinic appointment on Monday and I wanted to wait until I could give you an update on the clinic visit.

Rodney took me to Richmond and we had a really good day together.I had a very good visit with the wonderful and caring nurses. We met Jim Bibby and his beautiful wife in the waiting room. Jim was a pitcher for St. Louis Cardinals, Texas Rangers,Cleveland Indians and Pittsburgh Pirates. He pitched in the World Series with the Pirates in 1979 (they won!). He is a very nice man – very tall as you can see below:

Picture 090

His wife is a 6th grade history teacher, so we had a lot to talk about. If you want to learn more about Jim look him up in Wikipedia.

I saw Dr. Toor and he was very pleased with my progress and my blood work. I praise
God everyday for my well being.I go back in two weeks for another clinic visit, also for a pulmonary test and CT and then to see the pulmonary doctor. I should know at that time whether I am ready to start some more of my shots. He is still telling me to be very careful around crowds and to be careful this spring when the pollen starts, it could bring on GVH. 

Picture 065

Here are three very precious gifts that I have been blessed with and I miss them very much. I love you guys. Audrey, Mamaw is looking forward to keeping you again next week.

Picture 027 

Hope that all of you have a wonderful week and always wear a smile.

Love,

Gloria

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gloria,
A friend is with me tonight from church; her name is Nanette and she is a lovely lady. I want you to meet her; perhaps we'll just drive over when I can drive again and visit.

Our prayers are with you and God is blessing your life constantly.

Love, Sue

Hopeful Housewife said...

Gloria,
I just found your blog through the "next blog" button. But more importantly I know that God led me to your blog. My father is going in to have a transplant in 8 days. I have only read up until your first week after your transplant but it is a beautiful thing to know what we might expect. I feel so blessed to have found this blog and I want to thank you so much for sharing your journey. God bless you!

Janey