Sunday, February 7, 2010

day 515 after transplant

Hello to everyone – YES, I am still alive. I am just lazy I guess!

The COLD weather is still here and it is doesn’t look like it is going away anytime soon. Last Saturday it snowed all day and church was closed (that doesn’t happen very often). The kids did not go to school the entire week. Friday morning it started to snow again and it did not stop until Saturday night – 18 to 24 inches later.The snow was absolutely beautiful clinging to the trees. We woke up to –3 degrees this morning,that’s right I did say –3! Again church was cancelled. Guess what, we are not done yet, they are calling for more snow on Tuesday and then a possibility for more this weekend. Spring where are you?

I am really hoping that it does not snow on Tuesday.  I am scheduled to go to MCV for a big day. I go to the clinic, CT scan, pulmonary test and see the pulmonary doctor. We will have to leave early and get home late. I told Rodney that we should pack a bag just incase we may have to stay for the night. I really don’t want to miss this day because it took Sharon a long time to get this scheduled for the same day. She understands that we travel a good distance and we need to get as much done in one day as we can.

I was really touched this week. I received a very special comment on my last blog. It was from a lady in Augusta, GA and her dad is scheduled to have a transplant this Wednesday. She said that she felt that God led her to my blog! God is awesome! I would appreciate it if all of you would say a pray for this family on Wednesday that he will get along well with his transplant. When I hear from her again I will keep you all informed.

There is also a lady in the Charlottesville area that I have been emailing. She is also facing a transplant. I hope that my blog and email has been a comfort to her. God has been so good to me that I would like to help out other people that is about to go on their “journey of Hope”.

Today we went out to get some pictures of the snow. Below is an example. Enjoy!

 2010 012 2010 075 2010 079 2010 050 2010 093

2010 059 2010 072

There are two cars buried in the snow in the picture above, can you see them? They will be there until spring!

Take care and I will try to do better next week in blogging. Remember your sweetheart on Valentines Day!

Love to all, Gloria

5 comments:

Beth said...

hello! i looked back as far as i could on your comments, but i had not been able to see what type of transplant you underwent. i just happened to stumble upon your blog by clicking on "next blog." my best friend underwent a double lung transplant many years ago.

Rodeo Princess said...

Congratulations, and I am sending you good thoughts for a continued recovery!

Mega Hoodia for 14.99 said...

Sorry for my spam. Want to lose weight - buy online Mega Hoodia for only 14.99 per package. The product is completely natural

buy mega hoodia just for 14.99

Bsolla said...

You KNOW they do! Your friend in cville

Mr Sam said...

Im all the way over in the uk and we recently had snow. We thought it was amazingly deep, but its nothing like what you've had there. You must litterally get snowed in your house!