Sunday, January 3, 2010

day 480 after transplant

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR – HOPE THAT IT HAS STARTED OUT ON A POSITIVE NOTE!

It has started out very COLD! We still have snow on the ground from December 18th and New Years Eve we woke up to 3” of new snow! It has been very cold here and they are saying that it is not going to be much better for a while. I am ready for spring!!!

Rodney went back to work on Monday and I cleaned the house. On Tuesday and Wednesday I was suppose to keep Audrey but she has a cold and I couldn’t be around her. On Friday Jennifer took her to the ER and she had a temperature of 103.9 and both of her ears are infected! They put her on some meds and breathing treatments. Please say a prayer for her- she is so little. Also for Ryan, he has a sore throat and i pray that it doesn’t turn into strep. While you are praying, say one for Jennifer also, she has to be the nurse for them and I know that it is not an easy job. I made chicken noodle soup for them. I put some prayer in it while I was making it!

Our New Years came in quiet. Rodney worked all day and then we went to Harrisonburg to 1st Night. It was cold but not unbearable. We saw a bluegrass group and a comedy act (two area doctors that are very funny- I am not sure how I would like for them to be my doctor). We went to Jess’s ( our local hot dog stand) and had a dog and then we came home to watch the new year come in.

I am trying to get this blog done early tonight because I have to get ready for two early morning doctor appointments at Augusta Medical. They are just for check ups.

Last year this time I was home for the holidays and had to go back to Richmond for another week. It is amazing how fast the time has gone by. God has given me so much to be thankful for. This has been a long journey but there has been so many blessings along the way. God has put so many angels around me and I want to thank all of you for you support and prayers for Rodney and me. I just hope that I will be able to repay all of you. We take for granted so many things and they can all be taken away in a heart beat. Everyday that my feet touch the floor I say a big thanks to God for another day to do things to glorify Him. Make it your goal to do something good for someone, whether is be a smile or a kind word, a card or phone call.You will be amazed how it will help you as much or more than the recipient.

Write more next week.

Love,

Gloria 

No comments: