Sunday, November 1, 2009

day 416 after transplant

 

Hello everyone!

I know that I am blogging early but I turned on the computer to see if it would “act up” and so far it is doing fine. Thought that I had better blog now before it started having a fit again!

Today we woke up to rain. The last week it has been very nice and Rodney spent two days working on the leaves and today you would never know it.

Rodney has been off all week and we wanted to do something that would be fun instead of staying home and working all week (we do have a lot of things here that needs to be done, but there always is). Monday we took Rodney’s mother back to WV where she grew up. Since her birthday was Friday we thought that would be a good birthday present. We first went to Babcock State Park – where there is a mill that is featured on a lot of calendars and we have often said that we wanted to see it some day, so we did. It was beautiful with all the fall leaves. Then we took her to see the house that she grew up in and where Rodney spent the summers with his grandparents. It had really changed. I think the biggest highlight of the day for her was to see one of her high school friends that she has not seen in 60 years! We all had a very good day.

I kept Audrey on Wednesday and Friday, she changes everyday. I sure like the days that I spend with her. Sometimes you forget how fast they grow and how little you get done!

Thursday morning we went to the Eastern Shore of VA to eat at Driftwood Seafood Restaurant. One of the guys that work with Rodney owns it and that is another place where we have said that we wanted to go – so we did! The fresh seafood was delicious, I had broiled flounder stuffed with crab meat and Rodney had a seafood sampler. I wasn’t sure what me taste buds would do but to my surprise they liked it! My taste buds are still not back to normal yet. Some things that I have always liked just doesn’t make it right now. I don’t know what Thanksgiving will be like. I am to fix the turkey, dressing and gravy but don’t know if I will be able to eat it or not. That really isn’t the important part- it’s the fellowship with family that counts.

Rodney goes back to work tomorrow and I have a busy week coming up – Wednesday to MCV (first time for 7 weeks!) maybe to get some more shots. Then Thursday evening I go to UVA to get my 6 month CT and MRI scans.  I like to get these things done close together to get them over with – that really makes a long day.

Well, I guess that takes care of my week. I know that things will really be busy now that it is already the first of November and the holidays will be here soon.

Hope that everyone has a wonderful week and I will blog next week, Lord willing.

Love,

Gloria

No comments: