Sunday, November 8, 2009

day 423 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

What a beautiful, glorious day the Lord has made.

Had a very good and busy week. I cleaned the house (with mask and gloves on), kept Audrey, did some sewing and made some Friendship bread (if you would like a start please give me a call).

Wednesday, Rodney took me to MCV for my check up (first time in seven weeks). Then he had a luncheon meeting at 12. Dr. Toor said that my blood work looked very good. He said that the results of the biopsy was all donor which is great news. He looked a little concerned about the results of the pulmonary test. He said something about a CT scan and I told him that I was scheduled for one the next day. He wants a CD of it.I just pray for good results.

Thursday afternoon I had to be at UVA. A CT scan at 4 and then an MRI at 6. The CT scan went really fast but the MRI was 2 hours long. When the technician came out to get me, he told Rodney not to think that he was kidnapping me but I would be there a long time. He said that they allowed him 1 hour on the machine but he would probably need it for 80 minutes! He was very good and talked me right through it. We didn’t get home until after 10 pm.

Friday I kept Audrey and she was so good. She is trying to sit up by herself and I have a feeling that she knows when she is at G-daddy’s and Mamaw’s house.

Saturday was a beautiful day and Rodney spent most of it out in the yard doing leaves. I hope that this is just about the end of the leaves for this year. It is a blessing to see him out there and getting on and off the mower with less or no pain. I think that the shot has started to work, thank God for that blessing.

Today we went to church and then to visit Aunt Louise for just a minute—there is flu on another floor. Since it was such a beautiful day we went to the Veterans Parade and then we went for a drive.

That takes care of my week. I have to be at UVA tomorrow at 9:30 to see the doctor and get the results of my CT and MRI. Please say a prayer for me at this time. I always get a little “antsy” waiting for the results. I try not to worry and trust that the good Lord has everything in His control.

Have a wonderful week and until next Sunday – I’m gone!

Love, Gloria

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Everything is going to be great!!! Brad and I scrubbed the entire condo and sterized everything we could. We are excited that you are coming to DC with your family. Let us know how things go this week and if Monday or Tuesday is ok for me to come and give you the keys and parking pass. Take care. God is good! Valerie