Sunday, November 15, 2009

day 430 after transplant

 

Hello, to everyone.

Boy what a busy week. The weather was nice and then it was cold and rainy and ended being warm and beautiful. Rodney was off this week and we had a good time just being together.

Monday we went to UVA to get the results back from my CT and MRI. It was all good – the cyst on my pancreas has shrunk!!! The doctor was very pleased with my blood work and my recovery from the transplant. After this appointment on to MCV we went to hand deliver the CDs of the CT and MRI that Dr. Toor requested. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and continued support.

On Wednesday we kept Audrey and Scott and Beth and the kids stopped by on their way to DC. It was good to see them if only just for a little while. We celebrated Veterans Day by going out to dinner with Denny and Pam. It was really rainy and cold.

On Friday we took Rodney’s mother to get some shopping done and then we ate dinner with her. We had Audrey with us and Ryan met us for dinner also.

Saturday was a beautiful and warm day. Rodney got his yard work done. It was nice to be outside after several days of being rainy and cold.

Today we went to early church and the kids stopped by for lunch on their way back home. They had a really good visit in DC despite the rain and cool weather. The kids talked about all the things that they saw in the museums. I know that they will go back to school with lots of stories to tell their classmates.  Rodney and I went to see the Chuck Wagon Gang concert. They were really good and we were so glad that we got to go.

Rodney goes back to work tomorrow and then on to Richmond for a dinner meeting and an all day meeting on Tuesday. I have lots of things planned to get done until he comes home late Tuesday.

I can’t believe that it is almost Thanksgiving- less than two weeks away. Rodney and I have so many things to be thankful for. God has given us so much.

I guess that takes care of my week. I will write more next week.

Take care and love,

Gloria

No comments: