Sunday, September 27, 2009

day 381 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

Well, another week has past and ended with much needed rain. We got 2 1/2 inches of rain. Good to hear from you Dave – we worried about you all because we heard that Atlanta had 20 inches of rain. 

Monday Rodney went to his arthritis doctor and he has scheduled for him to go to the hospital for an injection (needle is very long). Rodney has been putting this off for a good while but he is having a hard time getting around and is in a lot of pain. Please pray that this procedure will be pain free and will bring him some relief. 

Tuesday I got to babysit Audrey and we had a good day. She is growing so fast and is really getting quite a little personality. She loves to go outside for a stroller ride.

Wednesday it was off to MCV again. They still did not have the results back from my bone marrow biopsy or pulmonary tests but I did get a chart with the schedule for my childhood shots. I will be getting about 19 shots over the next 13 months if my body does not have any reactions from the shots. My first shots are scheduled for tomorrow and I will be able to get my shots here in Bridgewater by my family doctor. That is good that I do not have to go to Richmond for them (saves time and gas).

Thursday was a day spent sewing. I have alterations and other projects to do. It was a good feeling to get some of my projects done. I hope to start getting some Christmas gifts done. Christmas will be here before long and I want to be ready for it this year. Last year was in Richmond and only home for 3 days. I am not complaining one bit because I was so blessed with good health.

Friday morning I kept Audrey before Ryan, Jake and Audrey left for the weekend in NC. Audrey’s first time out of state! Audrey gets her first live virus shot tomorrow and that means that I will not be able to be around her for 2 weeks. I will really miss her and I know that she will change in those 2 weeks.

Saturday we woke up to rain and it rained most of the day. There was a lot of outside events planned but we sure needed the rain.

Today we went to church and then to see Rodney’s aunt and ran some errands.

Hope that all of you had a good week and will have a good week this week.

One thing before I close is I learned of a local 10 year old boy that is in need of a bone marrow transplant. He is now in the hospital at UVA and is in hope to go to Duke for his transplant. He has 7 siblings and not one of them is a match but there is a baby due soon and they are in hope that this baby will be a match (umbilical cord cells). Please take a moment and pray that this little boy will get the gift of life.

Love to all,

Gloria

God draws close to you when you draw close to God.

No comments: