Sunday, September 20, 2009

day 374 after transplant

Hello everyone,

Well another week has gone by and I hope that it was a good one for you. It was for me, but then again every day that my feet touches the carpet is a good day for me! Another chance for me to do something to let God know that I am so thankful for His love and care and to be a good servant for Him.

This week was a week to finish up the 5 bridesmaids dresses and to get them out. The wedding was today. The dresses looked really good on all the girls and I think that they were pleased with them. I enjoyed getting to know them.

Wednesday Rodney took me to MCV for my bone marrow biopsy and pulmonary tests. I was a little anxious about the biopsy because the doctor that was really good went back to his home country Israel. I got REALLY anxious when I was told that a resident was going to do the procedure! Dr. Martin (from West Virginia) talked him through and he was really good. As I was being prepared for the biopsy I learned from the Post Coordinator that I would have to wait another year before I can find out anything about my donor because I have an international donor. That is the policy for an international donor. I was disappointed but excited at the same time. Jennifer said that we will all have to save our money and all will go next year to meet my donor, that’s exciting. I also was given a list and schedule for my childhood shots. There is a total of nineteen shots given over 13 months. Some good news is that I can get my shots from my family doctor here in Bridgewater (don’t have to go to MCV for them). My body has retained some of my immunizations so I don’t have to have all my childhood shots.

Friday afternoon I got to babysit Audrey. She slept a lot of the time but we did have a good “talk” when she was awake. She is really changing and getting very alert and starting to get quite a little personality.

Saturday morning we went to a yard sale and then we went to the Farmers Market with Ryan, Jennifer and Audrey. It was good to do something different on a Saturday morning. Then we worked in the flower beds getting them ready for the fall and winter. I had to be very careful what I did but it did feel good to be able to do that much.

Today after church we went to see Aunt Louise and then back home for lunch and to do more in the flower beds, they are calling for a chance of rain on Monday and Tuesday. We visited with Dad and Corinne and took Audrey with us because Ryan and Jennifer were busy. She was really good and she was awake the whole time.

Next week I have to go back to MCV on Wednesday for a meeting. Hopefully I won’t have to go back again until November 4. I get to keep Audrey two days next week and then she will get her first live virus shot and I can not be around her for two weeks!

I pray that you all will have a wonderful week.

Thought for the week: We witness best by being who God created us to be. You may be the only Bible someone reads.

More later.

Love,

Gloria 

No comments: