Sunday, September 13, 2009

day 367 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

This has been a BIG and EXCITING week for me! I am one year old! Friday was exactly one year since I received my gift of life (bone marrow transplant). It is so hard to believe that a year has passed by. I am so anxious to meet my donor. Also it is our 38th wedding anniversary and Rodney’s 37th anniversary with Travelers Insurance Co. and it would have been my 20th anniversary with the school system! I told you that it was a BIG day for me. Last year when I was told that my donor picked 9/10 to be harvested and I would be getting my transplant on 9/11 I knew that it was going to be ok.

On Wednesday I got to babysit my new grand daughter, Audrey. We had a really good day. She slept a lot but when she was awake I took her for a stroller ride and she really enjoyed the outdoors.

Thursday I spent the day getting ready for a weekend in North Carolina. Since Scott and Beth were my caregivers while I was in Richmond the doctor gave me permission to go to spend the weekend with them (the first time for over a year). Ryan, Jennifer and Audrey took Rodney and me out for dinner to celebrate our 38th Anniversary and my 1st birthday!

Friday Rodney and I left for NC. We wanted to get there in time to see the kids get off the school bus. Scott fixed blackened chicken on the grill – it was really good. I got a big surprise after dinner – a surprise birthday party! Several couples from Scott and Beth’s small group came over. I got candy,flowers, balloons, two cakes and some really cute cards. I was over whelmed. It amazes me that they thought enough to come help me celebrate my big day.

Saturday I fixed the kids pancakes for breakfast while Scott and Beth ran some errands. They came home with a puppy!!!!! The kids were speechless and Libby said, “God has answered my prayers!” They named him Levi and he is so cute. Grady had a soccer game – he scored the first goal for the season. It was a good game. After the game we went to Scott’s favorite dinner, Blue Ribbon. We went to church in the evening and it was a big day for all of us.

Today we went to Pet Smart to get some supplies for the new puppy. After a delicious lunch we left for VA. It was hard to leave but necessary to get back. I have a big week ahead of me – Wednesday I go to MCV to get a bone marrow biopsy and pulmonary test. Please say a prayer for me that the procedures will be painless and the results will be good. I may get some of my shots if all the test results are back by then. The test that they did on my arm last week did absolutely nothing so I don’t know if that is good or not – guess i will find out this week.

I just want to thank everyone that has kept up with my blog during the year and most of all for all your support and prayers. It would have been a very difficult journey for me without you all. There have been so many blessings along the way.What an awesome God we serve.

Love,

Gloria

Food for thought:  Faith without action is like a submarine with a screen door!  Rodney saw this on a church sign on our way home from NC. Thought that it was very good.

2 comments:

Bsolla said...

Hi Gloria,
My name is Beryl. Do you have an e-mail address? I have several questions I'd like to ask. Angela Buskey gave me your name and number so I googled you and found your blog. It's very helpful to read it.
Thanks,
Beryl

Bsolla said...

I forgot to leave my address
berylsolla@gmail.com
thanks,
Beryl