Sunday, September 6, 2009

day 360 after transplant

Hello to everyone,

This has been an exciting week. Last year this time I was at MCV going through chemo and waiting for my transplant. Friday will be my first birthday!!! I can hardy believe that a year has gone by. What a journey. God has been so good.

Tried to start every day with a walk in the neighborhood. It was cool and quiet. Beautiful time of year to be walking.

Wednesday was a really busy day. Rodney took me to MCV for my monthly checkup. Had blood work done first then I saw Dr. Chung. After he asked all kinds of questions he said that he was pleased with my progress. He ordered more blood work and another test (like the TB test) on my arm. The results will be back when I go back to MCV for my bone marrow biopsy on the 16th. These tests are to see when to start my childhood shots. Dr. Chung also mentioned that it is time to contact the National Bone Marrow Center about me finding out who my donor is – how exciting!

After my appointment at MCV I had to go to UVA to see my OBGYN Dr. Jazeri. He was glad to see me and he said that everything looked normal. It was a long day but a good one.

Thursday I sewed and called the last two girls to come up for a fitting. I hope to have all five dresses ready this week. Went to see Dad and Corinne – Curt, Christy and Olivia – Ryan, Jake and Audrey. Good to get together with all of them.

Friday was the day to clean and I had some tomatoes to do something with so I made some salsa. I was tired by bedtime.

Saturday Rodney and I got up early and hit it hard and then we had a good evening together.

Today we went to church and ate lunch with Aunt Louise. Went to Costco to order contacts – can’t wait to wear contacts again. We went to the concert in the park.

That just about takes care of my week. Hope that all of you have a fun and safe Labor Day. Last fling for the summer (my goodness where did the summer go?!). I can already see that the days are getting shorter and cooler.

Love,

Gloria

No comments: