Sunday, May 3, 2009

day 232 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

I am doing fine - I do not go back to MCV until May 12 for a routine clinic visit. It is good not to have to go back so often. I am almost off my immune suppressant medicine (May 18 is the last day). My appetite is still not back to normal -- the smell of coffee still makes almost sick. I am not losing weight, just maintaining, which the doctor said is very good.

Hope that all of you had a wonderful week, even though most of it was cloudy and rainy. We really needed the rain and we can see how green everything is and the flowers are really starting to take off.

First thing that I wanted to let you know (I forgot to tell you last week) Ryan told me last week that an intern (she goes to Bridgewater College) that works with Ryan walked at the Bridgewater Relay for Life and the people that Ryan works with sponsored her. She did this in honor of me and another lady that is fighting a brain tumor. Also Rodney's Air Force buddy, who is more like a brother, honored me with a gift to the American Cancer Society. I was very humbled and I appreciated this very much. God is so awesome- he puts angels everywhere. This time of year there are many areas that have Relays for Life and if you get a chance to go it is very humbling and worth going to. Our local Relay for Life is this Friday and it depends on the weather but Rodney and I would like to go and at least walk the survivor's lap and maybe the survivor and caregiver lap. I always see many friends there and it is a real eye opener to see how many people have had to deal with cancer.

Monday Rodney got home at a decent time and he planted green beans and started to put up the fence to keep the rabbits out ( the rabbits have eaten our bean plants for the last several years), so we are hoping the the fence will keep them out. He finished the fence on Tuesday. Sue Gilkeson (our neighbor) was walking by and I guess she must have seen that Rodney needed help. She helped him Monday and she even came back Tuesday also-- thanks Sue!

Tuesday Jane Lowery (one of my dear friends) came up to visit with me -- this is the first time that we have seen each other since August. She had a heart by-pass while I was in Richmond and after I got home she had the flu and other sicknesses so we could not be together. It was so good to see her and get caught up on what has happened in our lives.

Friday evening we went to the greenhouse to get our vegetable plants (tomatoes, sweet and hot peppers and cucumbers). Rodney is not planting them now but we wanted to get them before all the plants are gone. It has rained all weekend and they are calling for rain all week. It will be a while before it will be dry enough to get in the garden.  I guess this will be a good week to get some reading done.

Ryan and Jennifer left last Friday for California for little vacation before the baby comes and they got back today. I can't wait to see them and hear how their trip went. I talked to them on Saturday when they got to LA and told them to be aware of the Swine Flu. Ryan said called on Wednesday and said that they were both fine but he couldn't stop "oinking" and when he called Friday he said that he stopped "oinking" but he still had his curly tail!

I guess that takes care of my week. This is a big week coming up --Mothers Day! Happy Mother's Day all. Remember your mother in some way - you wouldn't be here if it wouldn't be for her!  May your day be everything that you want it to be.

Write more next week.

Love to all,

Gloria

No comments: