Sunday, May 10, 2009

day 239 after transplant

Happy Mother's Day to all !! I pray that you had a good one. I know that I did. I got cards, calls and two good meals. It was so nice to be remembered by so many.

This has not been a very exciting week for me but I had a very good week. I am feeling fine and ready to do more things than I should do.

It has been a very rainy and cloudy week. Monday I rode with Rodney to Lexington. It was just good to get out for a while. Then Ryan and Jennifer came up to show us their pictures that they took while in California. Sounds like they had a good time, I am so glad that they got back home safely.

Tuesday my Dad had a cataract removed and he seems to be getting along fine, he goes back to the doctor tomorrow (Monday) to see if the doctor thinks it was a success. He says that he can see a lot better out of his eye and now he wants to see about getting the other one done. He is 84 years old and he is just like a timex watch-- takes a licking and keeps on ticking! I think that his daughter is just like him, what do you think?

On Wednesday I became an aunt, my step-brother and his wife had a little girl, I am so happy for them, they had waited so long for this big event and they are so deserving. I rode with Rodney to the Wintergreen area and the weather and the flowers were beautiful.

On Friday I did a little sewing and I started to crochet a doily. I finished reading my third book for the women's group at church. Friday night Scott called and said that he was in the ER again and this time it was Beth-- she has the shingles!!!! They talked about admitting her but then decided to give her oral antibiotics and sent her home. Scott said that he has never seen her in so much pain. She was being treated for a sinus infection and when she broke out in a rash she just thought that it was a reaction from the meds. Friday she was in bed most of the day and she started to get blisters on her forehead in a straight line down to the tip of her nose. They are concerned about her eye so she had to go see an eye doctor on Saturday and then again Sunday and she will go again tomorrow. The doctor asked her what kind of stressful job she had and he was really surprised when she told him that she was a "stay at home mom". She said that her head ache started last Sunday when Libby broke her ankle, so they don't if that triggered it or not. I feel so sorry for her because she is in so much pain. I know that I will not be able to be around her for a while. I don't know how long she will be contagious. I surely do not want to get the small pox or the shingles. Libby said that her cast hurt her and she had to go have another cast put on.

Saturday was a day of work -- Rodney outside and me inside. The flower beds look so nice now and it is very hard for me to just look out the window at them.

That about takes care of my week -- Tuesday I go to MCV for a check up. Pam Cox is taking me and I am looking forward to spending the day with her. I want to ask the doctor a lot of questions about the shingles and about when I can go to church and out to eat. I probably know the answers now but it won't hurt to ask. I stop taking my immune suppressant meds on the 18th and I don't know what will be the next step, maybe some on my childhood shots!!!!

I'll write next week and I pray that everyone will have a wonderful week. Please pray for Beth that she will soon be out of pain. Remember never to take things for granted but remember who gives you all of these blessings. What an awesome God we serve.

Love,

Gloria

No comments: