Sunday, May 24, 2009

day 253 after transplant

 

Greetings to all and hope that you have a wonderful Memorial Day tomorrow.

This has been a pretty uneventful week but I am very thankful for everyday that God has given me.

Monday was my first day that I didn't have to take my immune suppressant meds. Dr. McCarty said that I will have to be very careful for the next month or so to see how I do not off of my meds. He said that I have a little G vs H but he said that was good because that means that my donor is working. 

I rode with Rodney to Swoope (in Augusta County - way out in the country). It was a nice ride and the scenery was beautiful.

On Tuesday Ryan came up for dinner and he helped me with baby shower invitations for Jennifer. I had the wording done but he helped me to "kick it up a notch"!

Wednesday and Thursday I worked most of the day getting the invitations done. I enjoyed getting into card making again. Next week I hope to do some sewing-- cushions and curtains and pillows. I like it when I have something to do. It helps to pass the time.

Friday Wilda Long (friend from church) came to visit. It was good to see her again.

Rodney has really been working hard outside in the yard and garden. The beans that he planted a couple of weeks ago are starting to come up. He planted tomatoes, peppers(sweet and hot) and cucumbers. He also planted some flowers and everything looks so pretty. Our peonies, iris,sweet williams and roses are in full bloom. I wish that I could have a vase of the flowers in the house.

Today Dennis and Shirley Hohenstein came to visit. Ryan and Jennifer got back from the lake and they came up and planted the flowers that they gave me for Mother's Day. They really look nice.

Well, that takes care of my week. I go to MCV this Friday -- I am looking for a volunteer to take me, if you are interested just give me a call.

Enjoy your Memorial Day tomorrow. Hope that you are planning something special. Be safe.

Love,

Gloria

No comments: