Sunday, May 17, 2009

day 246 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

Here we go again with crazy weather. We have had rain with thunderstorms and yesterday it was 82 degrees and tonight they are calling for frost! If you have any delicate flowers or plants out I hope that you have them covered. Rodney put out our flowers from the basement yesterday and tonight he had to cover them up or bring them in.

Tuesday I went to MCV for a checkup. I got to see Dr. McCarty and he was pleased with all of my blood work. The results from my MRI and CT scans were good-- nothing has changed. That was an answered prayer. He said that May 18th I am to stop my immune suppressant meds and that is tomorrow! I was hoping that I could go to church and have a little more freedom but now I have to be very careful for the next month because I don't want to get sick or get G vs H disease. He did say that I do have a little G vs H in my mouth but not anything that he is concerned with. He said that this shows that my donor is doing her job. I just have to watch that it doesn't get any worse. I don't go back to MCV until May 29th.

Thursday afternoon I went with Rodney to Lexington. It was a cloudy day but it was good to get out. Dad and Corrine came up for soup and we played cards.

Friday morning I got to go with Ryan and Jennifer to see our granddaughter! Jennifer had a sonogram. We could definitely see HER. She was not bashful at all. I saw her smile but she was asleep and would not wake up, even when the technician poked at her. It was amazing and to think that in 8 weeks she will be here (don't mean to scare you Ryan).  After I got home Rodney called and asked if I wanted to go with him again and I said sure, so on the road again! When we got back home Rodney mowed because they were calling for rain Friday night and boy did we get rain. We had a pretty bad storm.

Saturday was work day but we did stop early and rented a movie. We have not done that in a long time.

This morning for a church service we listened to one of Bob Disher's sermons on the computer. Then we went to see Rodney's aunt. Then we went to town and stopped by to see Rodney's mother but she was not at home. I talked to Beth today and she sounds a lot better and she said that she is feeling better. Another answered prayer. Scott said that she still tires quickly.

Well that does it for my week. Hope that everyone has a good week (it is Memorial Day weekend). If you are traveling please be extra careful(watch your speed. We saw 5 police in a 3 mile stretch, 4 of them had someone pulled over!). If it is sunny be sure to wear your sun screen.

God Bless all of you,

Gloria

No comments: