Sunday, March 28, 2010

day 565 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone!

We celebrated Palm Sunday(also known as Holy Week) today. Pastor Steve had a very good message today reminding us what Jesus went through this coming week. He was about to be denied,beaten and nailed to a cross for our sins. This was not an easy thing for Him to do but He loves us so much. Did we deserve such a gift or more important what can we do to give God the glory?

Now, for my week, in one word BUSY! I took Rodney’s mother to UVA for eye check up. She is doing better and the doctor is hoping to remove her stitch this Friday. She felt that she is ready to go back to her apartment. She has a neighbor come in to put her eye drops in. I kept Audrey three days this week. She will soon be crawling and then the fun begins.

Thursday Rodney and I both went to the dermatologist. I had a precancerous place on my lip blasted and Rodney had two places on his arm blasted (this is from too much time in the sun on the Air Force flight line). It is very important to take precautions when out in the sun.

Saturday Rodney spent most of the day outside working in the yard and flower beds. It just about drove me nuts that I could not be out there with him. I stayed inside and did laundry, some cleaning and cooking. Rodney really abused himself and he could hardly make it in the house. I was afraid that he would really feel it the next morning but today he did ok. That old arthritis is really kicking butt. 

Monday I go to the dentist for a cleaning and Tuesday I take Rodney’s mother to the dentist – she broke off a tooth (when it rains, it pours). I have some sewing that I need to do and I will keep Audrey a couple of days. On Friday I take Rodney’s mother to UVA and hope to get back by noon so we can leave for NC for Easter week-end. We are looking forward to getting away for the week-end and spending some time with the kids.

I pray that you will have a wonderful Easter and remember that it is not about the Easter Bunny or hiding eggs.

Love to all,

Gloria  

No comments: