Sunday, March 14, 2010

day 551 after transplant

 

Greetings to everyone.

Another week is over and it was a very busy one and this week will be be just as busy. The week started out rather cool and by mid week it was nice and I could get out and walk. What a wonderful feeling to be able to walk the subdivision again – I took Audrey out for stroller rides – she loved being outside.

Monday I worked most of the day on Audrey’s christening gown. I hope that Jennifer will like it and that it fits Audrey. I made the gown, slip, bonnet and shoes. I am sure that there will be a lot of pictures taken. I will put some on my blog.

Tuesday I took Rodney’s mother back to UVA for an eye check up. We were hoping that the doctor would take her off her ointment medicine (instead he increased it to 4 times a day instead of 3 times a day!) and stop her pill but she is still on that. We go back on Tuesday. Pray for improvement, I know that it has been hard for her to be away from home and to have all these drops put in her eyes. She thinks that she is a burden on us but we are glad that we are able to help her.It has been a real challenge to keep up with the schedule for all of her drops. I keep telling her that we will deal with this one day at a time. I pray that the surgery will be successful and that she will regain her sight in her left eye soon.

Wednesday and Thursday I kept Audrey. She has “Mamaw-itis”, she wouldn’t let me out of her sight. She is really starting to get a little personality. It is such a pleasure to keep her and to see her learn new things everyday.

Saturday morning we left really early for Martinsburg, WV to the Veterans hospital. Rodney had an appointment with a dietitian. We are hoping that if he would lose a little weight it would help the pain in his hip and leg. I know that it will be a hard thing for him but pray for him. It is hard to see him in pain when he walks. It poured rain all day. We went on to Hagerstown, MD to the outlet mall to get some hard to find walking shoes for Rodney. We got home in time to give his mother her eye drops and to reset our clocks! It was a good day together.

Today it was still raining. We went to church and to visit Aunt Louise. We fixed lunch at home and then went to Wal-Mart to get a walk in (not a good day to walk outside). We stopped by to see our friends Denny and Pam. Pam was one of my wonderful caregivers when I was in Richmond after my transplant.

This is going to be a busy week ahead. Tuesday it is back to UVA for Rodney’s mother and Thursday it is off to MCV for my 18 month bone marrow biopsy (yes, it has been 1 1/2 years since my transplant)!!!!! I would appreciate your prayers at 11:00 that the biopsy will be painless and that the results will show that I am still ALL donor.

I am so grateful to God for my donor wherever she is and for the opportunity to serve Him in the way that He wants. I have said all along that God has a plan for me and I want to be obedient to His plan. I can not begin to list the blessings that I have received and I do not feel that I am deserving of these blessings.

I pray for a good week for all of you and I continue to thank you for your support and prayers.

God Bless,

Gloria

2 comments:

Bsolla said...

Hi Gloria,
I'll be sending you the "no pain" vibes on thursday.
Take care,
Beryl

I have the secret to life said...

You have nice content on this thanks.