Monday, March 22, 2010

day 558 after transplant

 

Happy Spring to ALL !

Spring is finally here and the weather has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL! This is my time of year.

Sorry that I did not blog last night but I had a very busy weekend and I was so tired last night that I couldn’t think clear enough to blog!

Tuesday I took Rodney’s mother back to UVA for her weekly eye check. She is progressing but not as fast as she wants to. She is still on a lot of drops and she is just not able to put them in herself. So it looks like she will be with us for a while. The doctor is hoping that she will be ready to have the stitch removed in two weeks and then we will see if she can have the other eye worked on or if she will have to have the same eye worked on again. Our prayer is that she will be ready to move on.

Wednesday we kept Audrey and the weather was so nice that we took her on a stroller ride. She sure does enjoy being outside.

Thursday was a big day. Had to be at MCV at 10:30. I had my blood work done and chest x-ray and saw the doctor before I had my bone marrow biopsy. The procedure usually takes about 20 minutes but this time it took about an hour because the doctor hit a soft spot in the bone and needed to find a harder place. I was glad when she said that she was done! She really did a good job. I won’t know the final results until I go back next month. The nurse brought me a copy of the results of my blood work and she was so excited to be able to tell me that they were wonderful. Thanks be to God. We ate a late lunch at Strawberry Street Cafe (a place that Ryan and Jennifer had eaten at last week and they recommended it). It was a really nice place. They have a bath tub salad bar.

Friday was a busy day with keeping Audrey and getting ready for Scott, Beth and kids (and dog) coming in. They got home in time for dinner and we had a good evening at home. One of the exciting things that happened on Friday was that I got a call from Laura at MCV telling me that the final results of my CT scan and pulmonary test that I had last month came back good. I do not have to take the antibiotic med now or use the inhaler! That is some good news.

Saturday we kept Audrey while Ryan and Jennifer decorated the church and we took all the grandkids on a stroller walk and then to the park. It was a beautiful day. Ramona and Bill(Rodney’s sister) was here for dinner. It was a good evening with all of us together.

Sunday was the big day for Audrey. She was so cute in her gown- will soon have pictures to put on the blog. She was as good as gold. Scott, Beth and kids left for home. Rodney and I said, “Ok, it’s boring now, what do we do now?”  It has been a good but very busy week. The next few months is not going to be any better – I have a lot of doctor appointments. I will get them done one at a time.

Have a good week and I will blog again soon.

Love,

Gloria   

No comments: