Sunday, March 7, 2010

day 543 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone!

Well, this week has been a little more spring like – cold at night but in the high 40’s and 50’s during the day. I love it! Our front yard looks like spring and our back yard still looks like winter (still covered with snow).

Busy week with Rodney’s mother still here with us. We made two trips to UVA this week ( one planned and one unscheduled). She still has 13 eye drops everyday. It starts at 6 am and doesn’t stop until 10:30 pm.

I did get to keep Audrey on Wednesday and Friday. She is cutting teeth and had an ear infection on Friday. She was still in good spirits but she has “Mamaw-itis”. She wouldn’t let me get out of her sight.

I am still working on her baptism gown- I am working on the sleeves. It is going slower than I expected but I can only work on it at small bursts. I am hoping to get it done this week and then get ready for Scott, Beth and the kids to come in on the 19th.

I got my first Hepatitis B shot. I am scheduled for the second one the end of March. My shots are moving right along now.

Now for a little sad news, Wednesday Ryan and Jennifer made a very hard decision and they had Harley put down. They are taking this pretty hard, especially Ryan, so I ask that you say a prayer of healing for them. They gave Harley 3 wonderful years full of love, more than she would have had if they had not adopted her.

Yesterday we did spent the afternoon working in the basement, woodworking and picture framing. It really felt good to be down there again.

That just about does it for the week. Remember to smile and give someone a hug.

Love,

Gloria

No comments: