Sunday, August 9, 2009

day 330 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone, another week has gone by!

The weather was very nice all week up until yesterday and then it started to get very warm. Today it got to 96 and tomorrow is suppose to be even warmer, maybe 100! Oh well I guess it is summer. Augusta County (county next to ours) is starting teacher workdays this week and the kids start next week – they are one week ahead of us. Look out everyone it is almost that time again(seems just like yesterday that the kids got out for the summer). Where has it all gone?

I spent a lot of the week sewing on the bridesmaids dresses. It felt good to get back to the machine again. On Wednesday Jennifer Pence(the teacher that I have worked with for 9 years) took me to MCV for my checkup. We had  a really good day. The doctor told me that I was boring – but that is a good thing. He told me to just keep it that way! Jennifer took me to the Candlewood Suites where I stayed while I was in Richmond and I saw Brian and Dana(front desks clerks) and their teeth just about dropped out of their mouths. All they saw when I was there was me in my hat and mask. Brian even asked us to stay for the cookout that evening but I told him that we had to get back. He said that he couldn’t wait to tell Wayne (the other desk clerk) and the maid that always asked about me. My room is being occupied by another bone marrow transplant person.

Thursday Laura (post coordinator at MCV) called to let me know that since I am almost one year out some of the procedures that need to be done in Aug. and Sept. I have to have another bone marrow biopsy, pulmonary test(my “favorite”), bone density scan, dentist, eye doctor, obgyn, breast cancer doctor and lots of blood work. Also I will be starting to get some of my baby shots when I go back on Sept.2. Sounds like a lot but I will take one test at a time.

Today we went to early service at B’water and then went to Mt. Horeb’s (church that I grew up in)Homecoming. It was good to see everyone again. I wanted to thank everyone for all the support for me during my journey. Last year this time I had just been told that a donor had been found and that things were going to happen quickly. It is hard to believe that a year has passed by – where has the time gone?

I want to take this opportunity to say a big THANKS to all of you for you support, cards, phone calls and prayers. This has been a journey but there has been so many blessings along the way.

Have a good week – stay cool!

Love,

Gloria

No comments: