Sunday, June 28, 2009

day 288 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

Well, another week has quickly gone by. It has been a dry week and the beans are blooming and hope to soon be able to have some to eat. Rodney did pick several cucumbers. I cleaned then really good and tried them—they were ok but not like I remember them. I did have a couple of strawberries and they tasted like I remember them – delicious! I also tried some green grapes but they didn’t taste that good. I will be glad when my taste buds come back to normal. It has been a long and slow process but I am so thankful for the blessings along the way.

Monday I went to AMC to see the thyroid doctor and she said that she was very pleased with the last blood work that I had done. I don’t have to go back to see her for three months. That was some good news.

Ryan went to the doctor Wednesday because he still had a sore throat. The doctor did a throat culture and Ryan found out the he had strep throat and the doctor told him to stay away from me.

Friday I made posters and name tags for VBS and that was a lot of fun. It made me feel good to be able to help out.

Saturday was a day for Rodney and me to get some things done around the house. Today we went to church and then we went to visit Rodney’s aunt. This afternoon we went to Scottsville (a little town south of Charlottesville) to ride the Hatton Ferry. This is a ferry that was started in 1870 and is powered by two men using poles to move the ferry across the James River. It can carry two vehicles and 12 people at one time and takes about 30 minutes round trip. We didn’t even know that this existed until we read an article in the Friday DNR (our local newspaper). The  Virginia Dept. of Highways has funded it for years but they have decided not to fund it anymore. Today was the last day for the ferry to operate unless they can find funding elsewhere. It was very interesting and glad that we got to ride it before it is no longer in operation. If you are interested in more details go to www.hattonferry.org 

That does it for my week. I go to MCV on Tuesday and hope that I will get a good report and won’t have to go back for another month. One of my friends that went to Mt. Horeb Church when we went there is going to take me and I am looking forward to spending the day with her.

I pray that all of you have a pleasant and safe 4th of July.

Love,

Gloria

No comments: